Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Arras Coin Pillow

I recently recieved a request to make whats called a "Arras Coin Pillow". I have to admit that I had absolutely no idea what this was so I googled it. I found a photo of an example pillow very quickly and knew I could make it so I took the order.
Whenever I get a request like this one I like do a little research, learn a bit about it and share what I've learned with brides everywhere:

Arras means 13 Gold Coins. These 13 coins are meant to represent Christ and his 12 apostles. (13-Judas-12). The Arras coins are given to the bride by the groom as a symbol of trust and confidence. By doing this the groom pledges to be a good provider and person of support. By the bride accepting the Arras coins the bride shows her trust and confidence in her prospective husband. Usually, as tradition states, these coins become a family heirloom.

This tradition I have found is more profound in the latin world.




If you'd like an Arras Coin pillow of your own let me know.


-x0x0 R.J.








No comments:

Post a Comment